On August 19, 2020, the online event Farmer on the Front Line in Moldova and Bucovina took place – Xgroup Meetings Agriculture, part of the regional caravan “Farmer on the Front Line” and the fifth edition of RALF Romanian Agriculture Leadership Forum, an event dedicated to large farmers , entrepreneurs and investors in agriculture, a project of the community of large farmers RALF and BORO Communication, carried out in partnership with Corteva Agriscience and CEC Bank.
The event addressed the vital role of Romanian farmers in the forefront of the national economy, bringing together large farmers from Moldova and Bukovina. At the event was attended by:
- Vlad Stamatin, farmer, Moldova Farming, Bacău, Vrancea, Neamț, Vaslui counties, + 10,300 ha;
- Florin Tănasă, farmer, Iași county, +950 ha;
- Ovidiu Bucătaru, CFO Grup Șerban Holding, Bacău County, +12,000 ha;
- Ionuț Angheluță, agronomic engineer, Orestagro, Galați county, +1200 ha;
- Răzvan Puiu, Farmacon farmer, Vaslui county, +600 ha;
- Ionuț Păcuraru, Servagriprod farmer, Vrancea county, +1000 ha;
- Viorel Băeșu, Danistas-plant farmer, Republic of Moldova, +1200 ha;
- Cezar Andrei Musteață, farmer, Iași county, + 700 ha;
- George Hrițuleac, farmer Zabrus Construct, Botoșani county, + 700 ha;
- Maria Cîrjă, Marketing Manager, Corteva Agriscience Romania and the Republic of Moldova;
- Jean Ionescu, country leader, Corteva Agriscience Romania and the Republic of Moldova;
- Nicu Vasile, president of LAPAR;
- Tudor Calotescu, Moderator, Sens & Contrasens with Andreea and Tudor.
Here are the materials generated by the event:
Ovidiu Bucătaru – We turned to the basic production area and took a step from the big crop to the vegetable crop.
Vlad Stamatin – We have started to invest a lot in technology. This year alone we have purchases of over 3 million euros.
Florin Tanasă – I believe that a young farmer must be passionate, persevering and have a minimum knowledge of phytotechnics and agrotechnics.
Ionuț Păcuraru – It is painful that in Romania there is no more research, the climate has changed, the technologies have changed, many of the information we know can no longer be applied, the farmer is on his own, and technologist and researcher.
Ionuț Angheluță – In vain we have modern technologies, state-of-the-art equipment, the best fertilizers, if we do not have a water source.
Viorel Băeșu – In Moldova the farmer receives less attention from the state and there are many restrictions.